Spicy Tomato and Red Pepper Dip
If you eat veggies naked, do you burn more calories that way?
And by ‘naked’ I mean … eating them raw, without any dip or dressing:) The answer is: probably not. Today I have a recipe of a dip that is very easy to make and tastes great!
But first, to answer the most-asked question by parents: How to get your kids to eat healthy foods?
Answer: Don’t tell them it’s ‘healthy’! Unless, you have one that really cares about health and does an indepth research of the ingredients of all her/his foods:)
1 red bell pepper. deseeded and roughly chopped
3 plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 red onion, roughly chopped
1 red chili pepper, seeds removed
1/4 cup of chives (or 1 green onion)
1 teaspoon of vinegar (my secret ingredient) LOL
Kosher salt and Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Combine red onion and red chili pepper in the food processor (you can use Ninja or Magic Bullet) till nice and fine.
2. Add red bell pepper and tomatoes to food processor and blend till desired consistency. Some like a bit more chunk to it, some like it fine.
3. Empty the blended contents into a bowl and season to taste.
4. For another flavor dimension and a bit of color add chives (or green onions) to the mix.
5. Add Natalia’s ‘secret ingredient’ – vinegar
6. Mix everything lightly with a spoon and serve. Instead of chips choose veggies. Enjoy!